We are hiring for the post of “ Head Manufacturing or Head Factory Operations “, with leading Speciality Chemicals Company in Ahmedabad.
About the company: It’s a INDIAN Manufacturer of Dyes and Specialty Chemicals established since 1980. Certified company having nearly 4 decades of experience in the manufacturing of dyes and dyes intermediates. Main Markets are Europe, USA, Latin America, Far East, Gulf Countries, South East Asia etc
- Petroleum or Fuel Dyes
- Metal Phthalocyanines
- Speciality Dyes
Designation: Head Manufacturing or Head Factory Operations
Education: Msc chemistry
Experience: 10 to 15 Years
a) Policies and Procedures
– Direct and coordinate plant operations within company policies and procedures. Establish and direct plant policies and procedures.
b) Project Management & Plant Commissioning
– Direct and coordinate project management operations either for setting up a new plant or for modernizing a running plant
– Maintain a safe, clean, and reliable plant. Responsible for safety of the whole site, including for personnel of other departments which reside on site as well as contractors. Is the Chair of the Joint Health and Safety Committee. Lead at least one site safety meeting per quarter.
– Accountable for meeting plant production goals set by the Management through the manufacturing budget process.
– Review, analyse, plan, coordinate and lead all activities within the manufacturing operations organization.
– Assure the development and coordination of systems and programs to promote cost effective manufacturing operations in line with manufacturing plans and objectives.
– Support programs and procedures that provide reliable products with minimal quality control, repair, scrap and warranty expense. Assure attainment of programs and production schedules while insuring high quality standards.
– Accountable for product quality control for the plant.
– Selecting, training, and developing plant supervisory, technical, and administrative staff. Conducting employee performance reviews and fostering a well-trained and motivated staff.
– Establish and maintain a positive community relationship to both internal and external customers. Cultivate a well-trained and motivated staff.
– Responsibilities include establishment of training and development programs, assessment of performance, creation of new talent and taking the lead in recruitment efforts to ensure excellence and efficiencies throughout the plant.
– Oversee human capital across all functional areas.
– Select and train plant supervisory and administrative staff.
– Plan and manage plant vacation schedules, ensuring plant productivity and minimizing overtime and cost.
– Develop and execute capital and expense budgets and operating plans under the guidance of General Manager.
– Schedule and conduct plant meetings.
– Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials and capital.
– Assure development and execution of manufacturing schedules in conjunction with the Materials Manager.
– Plan and implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to insure that the manufacturing operations group supports the strategic imperatives.
– Monitor plant performance and communicate progress against objectives to management.
– Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of sales and purchasing and logistics planning functions with site production, maintenance, and shipping groups.
– Attend scheduled corporate training and meetings.
i) Relationship Management
– Partner with department heads to ensure coordination of purchasing, production, and shipping. Responsible for the smooth work flow process across these functional areas to ensure optimal performance and reduced errors.
– Communicate with local community.
– Network with Industry association counterparts.
j) Product Development
– Assure timely and efficient introduction of new and improved products, to ensure manufacturing input to product strategic plans.
– Coordinate with R&D and Engineering groups to implement new products and equipment.
– Communications & Working Relationships
– Internal: All plant and supporting functions, Sales & Marketing, R&D, Finance, HR, IT.
– External: Vendors, Government agencies.