Project Head – Operation & Maintenance
Designation: Project Head
Experience: 15 + years (Retail/Hospitality/Infra background)
To ensure all collectable revenue is collected by carefully identifying the threats in various alternate routes etc. and to take corrective action to plug the same. This incumbent ensures implementation of all SOP’s issued by the O&M Centre; facilitates inter-departmental co-ordination and co-operation; maintains liaison and correspondence with various government and non -government agencies. He/she ensures resource optimization in terms of equipment and manpower planning. He/she manages budget expenditure and monitors progress of various activities on an ongoing basis. H/She is required to spend at least 70% of his/ her time on the field and balance in the office
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
1. Identify and mitigate revenue leakage threats. Think and act proactively ahead of time.
2. Explore and identify alternate routes, change in travel patterns, network shifts, changes in local environment & policies impacting the project.
1. Collect all the collectable revenue. Responsible for EBITDA.
2. Preparation of zero base budget, control expenses within budget.
3. Manage SPV assets in an optimal manner to enhance lifespan and productivity.
4. Ensure timely submission & realization of insurance claims.
5. Vendor development and management at SPV level.
6. Carry out negotiations with the vendor, perform rate analysis.
7. Innovate ways for cost reduction.
8. Revenue enhancement through continuous reduction of forced exemption and violations.
1. Maintain good relationship with the Client (NHAI/ GSRDC, Independent Engineer etc.) and ensure good public relations.
2. Carry out liaising activities with the , local government bodies, police and political leaders to maintain peace and law & order at the SPV.
Internal Process – Operations & Maintenance
1. Ensure adherence to the SOPs set by the O&M Centre to achieve customer satisfaction and operational efficiencies.
2. Carry out announced and surprise audits/ checks to ensure operational excellence.
3. Share and adopt best practices with other projects.
4. Analyze and implement corrective actions on the audit observations.
5. Review, analyze and evaluate toll collection and exemption pattern on a daily basis and device action plan to bring down exemptions & violations.
6. Review repair and maintenance activities for civil, electronic and electrical works and develop action plan to adhere to SLA laid down in the Concession Agreement and also prepare Annual Maintenance Calendar with the help of Maintenance Manager.
7. Review accident analysis reports and identify black spots and ensure corrective actions are taken to reduce accidents.
8. Analyze lane availability data.
9. Follow the compliance matrix which is in line with the Concession Agreement.
10. Analyze daily reports of maintenance, toll collections, accident, etc. and review performance audit of these
Internal Process – Contracts Management
1. Submit reports to NHAI/ IE and O&M Centre as per CA and set SOPs. Single point responsibility to ensure that all correspondence from NHAI, IE or any other Authorities are replied.
2. Be proactive in contractually safeguarding the interest of the project by promptly replying and raising flags with the clients/ IE.
3. Responsible for all statutory compliances at the SPV .
4. Change agent for all people related interventions
Learning and Development
1. Facilitate on the job training of new joinees. Ensure re-training of existing staff as per set guidelines.
2. Identify areas of self development and work on them. Identify training needs for the team for enhancement of productivity
KEY INTERACTIONS – Internal & External
To seek advice on contractual matters/ incidents.
For training & development needs of self and team , address of grievance.
Project Director/ CGM – NHAI
Police, Ambulance Services, Local/ Government bodies
Village Heads/ Local politicians, Labor Commissioner, Insurance Companies.
|Weekends||6 Days a week|
|Working Hours||10:00 AM to 7:00 PM|